Monday, May 28, 2012

The top of the world!!

. . . Or pretty dang close to it. Today we climbed the Great Wall of China and it was a climb. I am not an in-shape person so this is the most I've worked out in years but it was a really great feeling to make it to the top or at least one top points.

The day started off at about 8 A.M. with most of the group intact, we had a late night last night celebrating another group members birthday at a FABULOUS karaoke bar (I think I'm gonna try to open one in Denver). A little worse for the wear we all made it on to the bus and then it was a 2 hour bus ride to the site and a small (it was not small . . . it was quite long actually) hike to the Wall itself. The view reminded me of King Kong or Lord of the Rings, it was amazingly beautiful. We trekked along the wall for almost three hours and made our way back down. Luckily there was no injury or death I am pleased to report . . . not that there was ever a risk for death, but its always possible right?

Another 2 hour bus ride back to the hotel in which maybe one person was awake (it was not me). After we got back and showered my roommate, Jourdan, and I walked to an absolutely delicious dumpling restaurant where we ate for a grand total of . . . wait for it . . . $1.62 a person, and we ate a lot!

Tomorrow we leave for Shanghai at 6:30 A.M. I am really looking forward to the perspective of a new city, I'm told it is completely different from Beijing.

Until next time gentle (and faithful) readers, we'll see you in a whole different part of the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment