Sunday, May 20, 2012

The mother of all journeys


So that title isn’t completely correct, I’m sure the trip toChina was much more rough a hundred years ago let alone a thousand years agobut so far as modern day travels, this one way pretty rough.

The flight was relatively packed which is to be expected but for being aninternational plane, this guy was tiny. I am a fairly tall individual and havelegs that go for somewhere around a mile so being crammed behind a guy whochooses to recline the entire way back the complete duration of the trip is abit agonizing.

I don’t mind flying so far as the actual flying part is concerned but gettingup and walking around while the plane is moving makes me kind of sea sick so Ilike to remain in my seat as much as possible. Well when there is a seat halfway in your frontal space it makes it a bit more inconvenient to stay there. Soa rock and a hard place is where I existed 90% of the flight.

The food wasn’t bad though, some beef concoction with rice, and the drinks (non-alcoholic I might add) flowed pretty easily. I was super jazzed because Sherlock Holmes 2 was showingon the flight and I hadn’t had a chance to see it yet. So I stayed awake (okaylets me honest I was going to be awake regardless) to watch it, it was third onthe agenda. About 15 minutes into the movie the picture froze but the soundremained on and it stayed frozen for about an hour and a half and when the screen did come back the program had also restarted so we got to watch the first four hours of programming all over again. So myone highlight of watching Sherlock Holmes was dashed.

Which brings me to another first world problem about that flight, there were noindividual TV’s on our seats, just a few large ones at the front of the cabin.I may be a diva for wanting my own TV but that’s how I thought allinternational flights were. Silly American.

All the flights were early for a change however which was nice and made thingseasier. My butt will probably hurt until about two days before we have toreturn, but alas I guess that’s international travel for you.

We landed at some time in the wee hours of Sunday morning MST and there was nosleep to be had on the plane either. So I am running on 5 to 6 hours of sleepfor about 26 hours of being awake . . . tonight should be a breeze to fallasleep.

We then attended a banquet and boy, was it a banquet. There were around 80 people in attendance and it was quite the to-do, unfortunately I was much to tired to fully appreciate it. But today is a new day! And it should be interesting.

Till next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment